UI Re-design: Everything about the new design here

• Eliminating the old interface is a mistake. The new interface is unreadable and unplayable. You lose players on PTR, I'm leaving

Hi Panzerwagen,

sorry to hear that!
    Since here in PTR we want to test and assure quality before we apply anything to the normal servers, we would appreciate if you could tell us, what it is that you don't like. Only then we can improve.

• i really love new UI. its much smoother than old one, specially one on USA servers on pc is just disaster. on mobile its same as europe servers.
    but new UI is really nice. and new collectible faces (or how you call it) is kinda extra small fun stuff.
    maybe its only for testing phase, but first trains - oh yes, love they look similar to red kite. feels good.
    landscapes and small things on map is also different than i used to see before and also - new and good.
    all together is much better.
    just needs some additional features and tune up old ones - videos dont work + something from prestige points as reward for watching extra video would be great. ive tried to send suggestion, but seems to me, support area doesnt have such option, and its also pity. but overall - keep working, much things to shape but its all good. just some mistakes and errors remains, but youll handle them!
    bravo!

• Hey RemoteTTL,

thanks for the nice feedback! Always good to hear some positive response!
    We try to constantly reduce the bugs or critical points but it's still an ongoing process.
    I wish you a lot of fun with the game and the upcoming changes :)

• Ergonomics are missing in the new version of the interface. What you can do with one mouse click has been replaced with a multiclick.
    Example.
    (old interface) locomotive timetable - factory-factory-city 3 clicks and the possibility of copying the distribution to other locomotives. (new interface) locomotive timetable - factory-factory unloading-factory loading-city 4 clicks and no possibility to copy the timetable

Instead of simplifying, you complicate. Too many bells and whistles.

• The new
    graphics has undeniable qualities more beautiful and manages better the
    flash (although this technology of the 1990s of sun does not have any
    more reason to be it is necessary to obtain the permission of the
    navigator to use it as if one went to groceries with francs or marks, lol!).
    But it is in the philosophy of the game that is no longer the same, heir of
    Travian there was a part of dynamism it is as if the transport ministry
    had allied with that of the armies, now it would be rather the Ministry of Transport and that of the budget, either play the official in his building City or Defense.

• I also tink that eliminating the old interface is a mistake.
    The communication in the new Interface is chaotik. It does not make fun to communicate with anyone with personal mails, rather te alliance and city forums. Its a big chaos!
    In endgame also for example its complikated to click again and again to see the information regarding actual online good or offline good, or finised goods. One time You have read it, its gonna away from the screen no matter You log out and log in again after some time.
    Tis is only an example for dosens of bad new interface desicions.
    In general: simplicity and comfort from old interface is lost and communication between players is getting worser and worser after every new server...

• hei.
    new small things about new UI. i still love it, but there is few things You could shape up to be more dynamic and alive.
    cows (or sheeps) dont move on map..... kinda sad for them. birds fly in small groups below the clouds, why dont you make sheeps or cows, depends, alive too?
    waters near coast also, if they have some visual changes, moving effects hitting the coast, would be great.
    trees with leafs swinging in wind... cows running randomly around grass...
    some trivia makes map alive and details... some people brings them in front of everything.
    of course, its up to you to decide, but it would be better than just plain picture of something.
    (all details turned to max, still birds and clouds just move)
    plus, train wheels are stuck... they dont move at all. its like box moving back and forth .

• Hi Panzerwagen,

sorry to hear that!
    Since here in PTR we want to test and assure quality before we apply anything to the normal servers, we would appreciate if you could tell us, what it is that you don't like. Only then we can improve.

i think you never played a game ^^ dev never played a game, its not possible to make such stuff. i told you for weeks that the game design is bs. i think its clear, and if you want me to design your game, you have to pay me. i m ok to report bugs and to give comments... but not to build it all for free.

• Hello,
    Personally, I like the new UI pretty much.
    They are more ergonomic especially during changes in train journeys.
    I have been playing since the beginning (about 5 years), and I find that a lot of effort has been made since.
    Certainly right now, there are some unpleasant bugs on the PTR but we have nothing without anything. And if we are there it's good to test while having fun.
    Continue in this direction, this game evolves regularly (this is not always the case elsewhere).
    Have a good day

• good morning,
    I say my thoughts about this new interface of the game.
    Beautiful graphics and I think there are several improvements, however the game is very slow especially when it comes to changing the train schedule.
    Likely if you play only with the goods, you notice less because you do not change the programs continuously, but if you play with the passengers it is very obvious.

The time between recalculations and the other vanishes in the search for new programs, when you finish it is already time for a new recalculation.
    Even the movements on the map are very slow if you have connected different cities.
    In the end the players get tired of playing, it becomes a heavy game to handle compared to the old version.

I wonder how it will be done in the final game to change trains quickly .....

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blu ().

• i think you never played a game ^^ dev never played a game, its not possible to make such stuff. i told you for weeks that the game design is bs. i think its clear, and if you want me to design your game, you have to pay me. i m ok to report bugs and to give comments... but not to build it all for free.

Thanks for the offer ;-) But then we would have no jobs...
    Of course we play the game, it is mandatory for every teammember, I can assure you. Some are of course better than others, but we all are willing to be as close to the game as possible.

I didn't want you to design something or even give solutions, I'm sorry if you got the impression. But we can't do anything with such general feedback like "The new interface is unreadable and unplayable". If you can at least give a bit more details, which parts you find especially bad, we can further analyse it.

• Dear Graphics-Team at RailNation/Bright Future... (?)

I would strongly suggest that some of you go take a course in GUI-Rules. Or just read a book about it... or borrow an Apple computer (although, these are starting to get worse nowadays too...).

You MUST take more care about things like contrasts when you design the interface. Now I'm just explicitly baffled about who came up with the color-code for the new lottery-gifts, and the purple new buttons... WTF?!?! I can't see ANYTHING?!?! Is this what you WANT?!?!
    ... yes; the old version wasn't perfect either... but it SURE was A LOT better than it is now! Why "Verschlimmbessern" all the time?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

I don't mind having new stuff to try. Sometimes it take time to get used to a new thing, that is very different than the other...
    - but, to me; it seems like you sometimes do bad things by purpose...

• Please make better (CLEAR) Icons for lottery gifts. Personally, I would prefer to have different color-icons, so that I can see quickly what I won.
    • Please Try to come up with better colour-codes for your buttons. (I know that you are working on it...).
    --- The purple one is nifty... but it sticks out like a sore thumb on the interface. Try to be more subtile, please.
    • Why do you insist on having TWO green buttons for the bonus-buildings??? This is just ... not clever! The free bonus should be green, the videos should be OTHER color!
    • Please rework your icons for the multi-buttons. Personally, I do now know what button leads where... but a newbie would have no clue what they mean...

All-in-all you are doing great in squeezing the "new" interface into something in between the old style-interface, and the first released new style.
    ...It is funny how delicate this matter is. ...and, as I said, it takes time to get used to new things... not only for me. :P

Keep it coming.
    Skål

• One more thing;

In the Players-Hub, I would change the behaviour of the flipping order of the Game-worlds...
    It is somewhat tedious, and absolutely unnecessary to have this extra feature.
    Those players who play in several worlds will easier memorize what world is in what positioning in this list (if it is static), than to SEARCH for a world that MIGHT be in a logical space... but not always... :P (Yes, my sort-order tends to behave rather irradical at times..).

So; in short: Please no "sort-order" of the Game-Worlds.

• Hi Andrea,

our GUI- team is working especially on optimizing contrasts and colours currently. I can not tell, when these adjustments will be visible in a version though.

I did not like the purple icons at the buttons either at first, but now, after adjusting the colour of the worker tiles, it makes more sense.

Best regards,

St.

• The new Endgame City/Goods window is **KICKA$** RN!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

(I would only change:
    - in Transport Ranking; when one sees the players names (flip open an Asso). set the online-dots BEFORE the name.
    (-cosmetics; the left frame (the goods) should be same size/look as the right frame).

One thing I REALLY don't understand... completely:
    this number that shows if red/blue... is it how many goods was cleared by one color?!?!
    It is RATHER confusing to see two different numbers, as how many levels the city has cleared... Please change this. Or, clearify.

Skål