Birthday Festival SERVER (PTR3) - Feedback, Bugs and Questions

Welcome to the PTR Forum!

You can read the latest PTR announcements and post ideas and bug reports in English and German.

Willkommen im PTR Forum!

Hier findet ihr neuste Ankündigungen zum PTR und könnt Ideen und Fehlermeldungen in Englisch und Deutsch posten.

• Hey Perdita,

First, the 2000 gold spent on the PTR servers to enter the festival PTR server were refunded to you.

Regarding "this not being interesting for the live servers": You are right. Whatever you gain on PTR has no effect on your live account due to the fact that they're set up exclusively for testing purposes.

The benefits of playing PTR are:

- 8000 gold each round to spend on PTR only as a thank-you gift from us to you for helping us test these servers and report back bugs so we'll be able to fix them before they go live

- you will be able to experience updates and events such as the winter market or now the festival server before the players on live will

However, the game on a PTR server isn't intended to be the "real Rail Nation experience". We reserve the right to foward or end servers prematurely for however we see it fits our testing purposes best.

That being said, we appreciate all of you for playing PTR and helping us out. We just wish for you to understand that you will never have the same experience on PTR as you do on the live servers, since this has never been our intention in the first place.

I hope I could clear that up for you.

Kind regards,

Mollymauk

• I don't think you understand me what i wanted to say, i don't complain about the gold i had to pay for the ptr servers with gold you gave us, but if you ask players to pay for it on the live servers that it's not worth to do so, they don't get the gold back and i know the benefits for playing on the ptr servers i do it already pretty long and i don't do it for the gold, i do it to help testing and find the problems and see the new features, so i can help others when they have questions about the new features, that's easier when i have tried it out on the ptr server first.

• Hi Pia,

same for me. I was not talking about PTR, but about taking this to a live server and I think Perdita did the same... on a live server I would not be recommending to play this festival server because the people paying those 2K in order to enter it would be disappointed with the experience and result...

Even top players on live and ptr servers that currently play the ptr festival server version already told me that they are fed up with this version and do not like playing it - and would not spend 2K on a live server version to enter it.... They (and me too) do not see any benefit or reason to play the festival server live, and having to pay for access as it does not bring any benefits or experience (and no, once again, to have 10K gold to play during a server round on live does not entice players to enter the server when they have to pay real money in form of 2K gold beforehand; they rather play their normal live server and buy and use gold whenever they want)...

Best Regards

Kruemel

The post was edited 2 times, last by kruemel ().

• Lots of people like to know, who is the best driver, without spending extra Gold.

The Festival Server is the first round of RN, where not the one wins, who spend the most money. Everyone has the same amount. Lots of people want to know it, and they will spend the amount of 2000 Gold and hope to be the best.

• Lots of people like to know, who is the best driver, without spending extra Gold.

The Festival Server is the first round of RN, where not the one wins, who spend the most money. Everyone has the same amount. Lots of people want to know it, and they will spend the amount of 2000 Gold and hope to be the best.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

exactly this ist it!

Many players want to see a ranking where not the one wins with the most money, but the one with the best strategy, the best understanding of the game!

And (like at the festival server ) ... all player start with the same identical conditions, THAT is the crucial, the most important difference to all normal live rounds.

• Hi Schwanii,

thank you for your comment. However I have to say that you can have the same experience on normal PTR servers as you cannot buy any gold on ptr and are furnished with 8K gold at the start.

So in order to know the best driver on a live server - all under the same conditions without any gold buying - is for me like "taking PTR to a live server only with the addition, that I have to pay in order to play PTR". Most top players, if not all, from the live servers also play PTR. And, as I pointed out before, on PTR you find the same conditions for everyone.

Admittedly, a PTR can be reset, some bugs might mean that some discover them earlier which is a kind of warning to others - when they report it - that they have to avoid certain actions... plus as Molly pointed out earlier, it is a test server. However, a lot of players play PTR the same way they do a live server - and unluckily do not report on bugs or their impression of new features etc (it is called not really testing but basically playing it for the gold)... but I still think that playing such a festival server on a live server is not worth 2K gold.

Best Regards

Kruemel

• :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

exactly this ist it!

Many players want to see a ranking where not the one wins with the most money, but the one with the best strategy, the best understanding of the game!

And (like at the festival server ) ... all player start with the same identical conditions, THAT is the crucial, the most important difference to all normal live rounds.

Oke i understand now the reason why they should spend 2000 gold bought with real money to play the server, at least not what i would do, i've been once in the top ten of the server, didn't spend anything extra then buying the plusaccount, at that time there was no erapackage or superstarterspackage yet, did i like to play pure for prestige no, this is not my thing, but understand that others like it, and spending a load of gold is not a garantee that you win the server or even reach the top 10, i've seen that too.

• I will certainly do the Festival Server in live version, but this test server i will likely not finish it, too much changes has happened. If i knew before that i did not need my main construction building to up at a certain level (1000??? direct finish vouchers) or my Laboratorium build out.(it allready was at a good level when i see it finished at max.)

Maybe better to give everyone 20k gold extra and start EndGame straight away.

• hello RN and players

I like the fact that the change of era takes place on Friday, because it allows to play all weekend.

the choice of city, at the end of the game, for the next round, always favors the same cities and associations,

that is not good.

the choice of city in advance,

the choice to be able to change city at start-up,

and looking for player on the map,

should not be possible, because then the chances would be fair between all players,

even if the locomotive career advantage old players

best regards

3 years i love this game

happy new year 2019

The post was edited 1 time, last by crogiez ().

• can you make a "free" version with this rules:

from era 1 to 6

>25 locomotives possible

>>25 swallow possible if you have money for buy

>>25 lynx possible if you have money for buy

> reduce prices : track production

> delete price when join a new city

> number of licence free

if you have 2 licences , 2 bonus price are added

ex : 2 passenger licences = +10$

factories invest :

sometimes we must make 2 invest for win one rank

because invest one click make same price than other player just above

can you suggest the price for always win a rank ?

please

happy new year 2019

• Would you DARE speak english?

They were wondering if we were still going to fast-forward PTR3.

But on another note: You're right. It would be great if you all would pay a little more attention on in which thread you're posting about which topic to keep the forum more organized and make it easier for all of you to find answers to your questions.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Mollymauk

Edit: I am not at all blaming Rainer Zufall for making a mistake I was just using this case to make a remark on something that has already been bugging me before. Please be nice to one another. And stay on topic, that's all. :)

• on the other hand ...

if someone posts once in the wrong thread (just in the wrong language) ... it's really not necessary to make a real drama out of it!

Such a small mistake can happen to anyone!

so - the post of SParkling - has actually been completely unnecessary!

and in ths view ... the answer from Mollymauk could have been rather more fair fand reasonable or both sides, instead of just confirming SParkling  

• Well, if you want to make a german server test do it; unless lets speak english there, and in game... cause inside its worse, they all think they are home, Germany. Sorry but the rest of the world is much more larger than you think. So dont forget you are not alone, or just play on a more suitable server.

Have a look on the world chat : german, a look on cities forums :german > are you sure you want to live with us?

• plus : about research points how we gonna do?

plus : where is the package gold for a new area?

you are really in a hurry to end with that.

• What is this beginner tag ??? Any way the vid's especially the second vid in the station the one where you get bonus gift's like track cars trains whatever is a major bust It's rather annoying having to just blpw them pff This would debinately make watching the first worthwhile and could I get a new tag like Expert !!